Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a quick intro

So I finally gave in and started my own "yarny" blog. I've been crocheting for three years and I've just bought the supplies to start to knit. I'm not very sure what the format of this blog will be like. Probably lots of links to free patterns, gripes about creations going awry, maybe some book reviews (both fiction and non-fiction - I've lately found myself addicted to fiction revolving around knit clubs), and photos of projects.

As for the title of this blog - The Yarn Artificer - it's a bit of an inside joke between me and my husband. The hubby is a big fan of Magic: the Gathering (a fantasy-based card game). There is a class known as artificers, people who specialize in making artifacts. I teased him the other day that if there was a Magic card based on me, I would be a yarn artificer since I'm thoroughly obsessed with my crocheting and knitting. It struck me that it would make a fairly cute (if not overly geeky) name for a blog.

That's a pretty concise summary of this new blog. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment