Saturday, July 3, 2010

rinse and repeat


Today I hunkered down with my crochet supplies, determined to get to work on the many projects I have planned for Christmas. I was able to crank out a beret for my mother-in-law. The pattern came from the September/October 2009 issue of Crochet Today!. I had made one for myself last year and loved the pattern. It's amazing how much a years difference and experience can make.



Last year, it took me two days to complete the beret. This year, it took me under six hours (including a lunch and dinner break). The first time I made it, I had never worked in rounds. Instead of using stitch markers, I tried to count correctly. Needless to say, it was a nightmare and I ended up improvising several times to make the count come out correctly. This time I used the markers and the stitches came out nice and even. Which probably explains why this beret fit much better than the one I made for myself.


***the red beret to the left is the one stitched last year; the green to the right is from this year

2 comments:

  1. I love the color that you used.
    I made a blog of the same pattern but didn't know how to link it with ravelry. Could you elp me? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. On ravelry, go to the about me section and add the link to your blog. Then go to "my notebook". On the list to the left, click on "blog posts". It should list out all of your posts. Just click on the specific post. There will be a drop down menu "link to a project". Scroll through until you get to the project and click on it. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete