Thursday, September 2, 2010

too busy to blog

Okay, maybe I haven't been too busy to blog. More like just too plain lazy. Even though I have been doing some serious yarn-crafting in the mean time. I managed to crochet a shawl in under two weeks (given as a gift to a grieving friend who just lost her mother). I was my first sort of "over-drive" crochet project, where I had an extremely tight time line to follow. It helped that I mentioned to another friend I was thinking about crocheting up a prayer shawl...I had the added sense of responsibility knowing I couldn't just put down the hook and say "Well, no one knew I was doing this...so I can't disappoint anyone if I don't" - which by the way is one of my favorite excuses for putting down a project and never picking it up again.

Also, Christmas is approaching, and I still have a few projects I want to whip up before the holidays. The beret for my mum-in-law is complete, and I just finished knitting up a scarf for my sis-in-law (which by the way is my second completed knitting projecting since I started to teach myself a few months ago). I'm now working on my other sis-in-laws gauntlet style gloves...which are going surprisingly well. If I could just commit myself to crocheting 30 minutes a day, I would probably have them finished. But I keep get caught up in some of the novels I've been reading.

Only a completely non-yarn related note, I've gone to the dark side. That is, I've started reading Austen fiction - novels written based on Jane Austen's works. I know this makes me a traitor to my two best friends (we're all Jane Austen nerds), and I know I've spent the past year turning up my nose at these novels, crying out "Geez, make your own characters, idiots" - ironic since I used to write fan fiction. But the lure of the novels proved too great, and I've fallen. I just finished Me and Mr. Darcy last week and I have to admit, I liked it.

So that brings me up to date on not one, but two, of my major hobbies. Yep. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment