Saturday, July 24, 2010

further adventures in bootie making


Okay, so maybe booties aren't my worst enemy after all. Last Saturday I grabbed a skein and hunkered down for an afternoon of bootie making. I even went so far as making a gauge swatch before trying the real deal. And behold! I produced something that was definitely bootie-shaped and looked like it might actually fit on a baby's foot without having to be tied on.

But even after one successful pair, I'm sort of nervous about attempting a second pair. I've also realized that it only takes one skein to make a pair of booties with matching newborn cap. In an overzealous fit of wanting to have enough yarn, I had bought two skeins of each color. So now I have extra skeins that I really have no idea what I'm going to do with (especially since each skein is drastically different colors; I can't combine them to make one piece).

Still, even with my glowing first success, I'm still procrastinating from trying to finish two more sets. I've been avoiding the project by catching up with some reading this week. But now that I'm finished with the book club's selection for the month (Sex with the Queen by Eleanor Herman), I have no other excuses to shy away from hook and yarn.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors here! The set looks wonderful. I especially love the hat. Reminds me of little roses with small green leaves, but that's just me. :) -amychan

    ReplyDelete