Saturday, August 16, 2014

adventures in baby blanket making

How is it that people I know always end up pregnant in batches?  It's almost always two or more at the same time.  So inevitably, I don't bother making one for someone.  Right now, there are three ladies I would like to make baby blankets for.  One is an old high school friend, so she's pretty much guaranteed one.  The other two though...well, one is my husband's boss's wife - so I feel kind of like it would be a good thing to do (and maybe earn dear hubby some brownie points??).

So now I'm faced with having to crank out three baby blankets and I want to try different patterns.  I'm tired of the same old ones, but at the same time, with the stress of the amount to make, do I really want the stress of trying something new?

Apparently, yes.  The one I have started (for the high school friend) is a 12 pointed star shaped blanket.  It's going pretty well so far, but it looks like it's going to be big and probably take awhile to complete.

Add on top of that I want to have my mobcap done in time for SAFF and I had planned on knitting my co-workers scarves for Christmas (I've done 4.5/5).  Oh, and I found a great cowl pattern I want to use for some of my yarn from last year's fiber fest.

Because why only do one project at a time?

No comments:

Post a Comment