Sunday, August 24, 2014

project roll call

So, I have a ton of on-going yarn projects and rather than have a jumble of to-do's in my head, I'm posting my list here in an attempt to organize it all.

Currently in Progress:
Star Baby Blanket - Hopefully I'll be done by next weekend.

Austen-inspired Mobcap - getting closer to the decrease portion.  I'll have to eventually switch to dpn and I've never knitted with those before.  What I really want to do is practice knitting in the round with the double pointed for a bit first before having to switch for this pattern.  However, I've been really lazy and haven't tried it yet.








Scarves for co-workers - just basic knit scarves.  I have 3/5 completed and need them done by mid-December.  I really don't know why it is taking me so long to get these done.

Coming up Next (and in order of most likely to start next):

Log Cabin style baby blanket - Gonna use scrap yarn from the star baby blanket to make a log cabin style baby blanket using a pattern I saw in one of the Mason-Dixon knitting books.  But rather than knit, I'm going to crochet, mostly because I'm faster at crochet.

Starry Night Cowl - With SAFF coming up, I'm trying to actually use the yarn I bought last year before going back.  This year my goal is to actually have projects that I want to make, rather than just getting whatever yarn tickles my fancy.  That way I'm not sitting around with a ton of yarn that I have no idea what to do with.  Well, that's going to happen anyway, but when I'm buying "the good stuff", it's probably better to have a little bit more direction.  Anyway, the dye lot is inspired by my favorite Van Gogh - Starry Night.  I found a cute cowl pattern that will work nicely.  I'm looking forward to wearing this while on late afternoon autumn walks while dreaming up fanfiction ideas (because I am a complete nerd).



Hubby Scarf - going to use scraps from my Hubby Blanket to make a coordinating scarf.  Because of all my years of crochet/knitting, I have never actually made my husband a scarf.  Which is kind of sad.  The hubby doesn't get much love with my yarn projects.

Magic:the Gathering inspired Dice Bag - Once more with the hubby love - I found a really cute M:tG dice bag pattern that I want to make for Dear Hubby for Friday Night Magic (also known as "get-out-of-my-house-I-need-some-me-time" night).  It using a pattern grid, which I've never done before, so it has the added benefit of expanding my abilities.  Who knows when I'll actually get around to it though.

And that's all folks.  Of course, as mentioned above, I am now pattern hunting for SAFF in October.  But hopefully I'll have a good bit of these done by then, so I won't be drowning in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment